The component is a water accumulating and heating vessel inside a water heater.
It is made of stainless steel sheet which is rolled to form a hollow cylinder.
The inlet and outlet ports present at the top of the component.
THE REAL PROBLEM
1) The ports present at the top of the component needs to be joined with top plate using TIG welding fusion process.
2) Concentricity should be maintained properly.
3) The automation for this welding as continuous welding manually was difficult, hazardous to operator.
4) Easing of operation.
PROVIDING THE BEST SOLUTION
THE PORT WELDING SPM: –
- To maintain Concentricity, special fixtures were made and component was tightened properly.
- Here, component is stationary and the welding station will rotate around the port to complete welding.
- TIG fusion welding was the process used in order to weld the component.
Below image shows the automatic welding SPM.
EASING OF OPERATION:-
- Sequence of operation is made according to customer requirement and the machine.
- Multiple programs can be saved and performed in this system for various diameters.
- After carefully working on customer requirements, we delivered an SPM which not only satisfied the customer but made the customer happy.
- It takes only 50 seconds to complete the weld for a single component.
- Single person can operate the machine also easy and safe for operating it.