The component is a water accumulating and heating vessel inside a water heater.
It is made of stainless steel sheet which is rolled to form a hollow cylinder and welded.
THE REAL PROBLEM
1) The hollow cylinder needs to be joined using TIG welding fusion process.
2) Linearity should be maintained properly.
3) The automation for this welding as continuous welding manually was difficult, hazardous to operator.
4) Easing of operation.
PROVIDING THE BEST SOLUTION
THE LINEAR WELDING SPM: –
- To maintain linearity, special fixtures were made and component was tightened using clamps.
- Here, component is stationary and the welding station will move to complete welding.
- TIG fusion welding was the process used in order to weld the component.
Below image shows the automatic welding SPM.
EASING OF OPERATION:-
- Sequence of operation is made according to customer requirement and the machine.
- Multiple programs can be saved and performed in this system for various lengths.
- After carefully working on customer requirements, we delivered an SPM which not only satisfied the customer but made the customer happy.
- It takes only 30 seconds to complete the weld for a single component.
- Single person can operate the machine also easy and safe for operating it.