The component a C shaped bar welded onto the cast plate, which weighs 5 kgs as a whole (the plate and bar) ,the picture shows the component and its parts (image 1).
COMPONENT SPECIFICATION :-
Diameter of the bent bar: – Ø16.
THE REAL PROBLEM
1) Circular welding of 4 ends of d bars using MIG welding process.
2) The automation for this welding as continuous welding manually was difficult, hazardous to operator.
3) Easing of operation.
PROVIDING THE BEST SOLUTION
- THE CIRCULAR WELDING :-
- The welding is done in order to join the d shaped bent bars with the casting plate.
- Due to shape of the component, its rotation posed a challenge and hence while welding the torch is rotated and the component is fixed.
- Mig welding was the process used in order to weld the component.
the below image shows the component after welding.(image 2)
- AUTOMATION DONE USING 4 AXIS WELDING SPM:-
- There were three linear axis and one rotation axis.
- The torch is moved to the close proximity of the component in order to create weld arc using 3 linear axes(x axis, y axis and z axis).
- The torch is rotated to weld around the bent bars.
- The precision in bring the weld holes to weld zone was achieved by using locators.
- The below image shows the spm and axis used.
- The automation was done in order to de skill the process, have higher repeatability and efficiency.
- EASING OF OPERATION:-
- Sequence of operation is made according to customer requirement and the machine is made fool proof with component sensor and suitable program.
- Toggle clamps were used in order to clamp the components.
- In order to achieve repeatability the locators were used.
- The below image shows the fixture assembly.
- After carefully working on customer requirements we delivered an spm which not only satisfied the customer but made the customer happy.
- The machine is now producing 56 such welded components in a shift with the customer working for 2 shifts per day.
- Two people were working on loading and welding of components while now a single operator can work on loading and welding.
- An operator who doesn’t know welding can also operate the machine, it has helped in de-skilling of process.
- The operator is not under influence of harmful gases hence it safe guards the operator.